Your shoulders are an important component to creating a good turning action away from the ball. To help increase our shoulder strength and flexibility and to improve our turning capability.
1. Take your right arm and place it against your chest.
2. Take your left wrist with your palm towards your face, and push your triceps closer to your body. You should feel a stretching sensation in your shoulder area.
3. After performing this stretch for a few seconds repeat with your other arm.
Back and hip strength and flexibility is a big problem area for all of us, and unfortunately it only gets worse as we age. To improve your strength and flexibility try the following exercise.
1. In a standing position place your hands on your hips.
2. Bend forward at the waist and hold that position for a few seconds.
3. Move laterally, or side to side while still bending at the waist.
Ok, now take a little breather. After you are rested continue by:
1. Place your hands back on your hips.
2. Bend slightly backwards at your waist.
You can also vary this exercise by placing your hands on your head.